One Day Awareness Course
This course is designed to provide the delegate with an appreciation of Obsolescence Management and its underlying principles. The fundamental principles are established and then built upon using a combination of advanced presentation techniques and informal instructor / delegate interaction.
The course will explore the origins of obsolescence and what continues to drive the need for managing obsolescence risk to equipment. We will look at the relevant International, NATO and British Standards and policies that have been published by major customers such as the Ministry of Defence and BAE Systems.
This will be followed by a high level look at what constitutes an Obsolescence Management Strategy and an Obsolescence Management Plan. Other subjects covered are contractual issues, legislation and the main factors that affect the risk from obsolescence and the major methods of mitigating the risk and resolving obsolescence issues.
These issues are covered in more detail in our three day practitioner course which also has practical exercises to consolidate the learning and put it into practice.
If there are sufficient numbers of delegates, this course can be delivered at your company premises.
- Introduction to Obsolescence Management
- Obsolescence Management Governance
- Obsolescence Management Risk Assessment
- Obsolescence Management Tools
- Obsolescence Mitigation and Resolution
- Obsolescence Management Cost and Performance
- Obsolescence Management Communication and Collaboration
- Supplier OM Capability Assessment
- Business Integration with Obsolescence Management – We finish with an interactive discussion which will look at what should be your next steps for improving OM capability.